Friday, June 5, 2009


The school year is getting close to the end and that means Westview Elementary had its annual carnival today. Katie has been pestering us all week about going to it, and we were not sure if we were going to be able to go. Jerry and I decided today that you only get to be a kid once and twenty bucks is worth it to see the smile on our kiddo's face.

She had a blast and came home with a bag full of prizes and a belly full of cotton candy, hot dogs and juice. We broke out the stroller for the first time today for the carnival, which allowed Katie to show off her little brother to all her teachers and friends. She was a proud sister as everyone ooohh'd and awe'd over little Joey. Of course he slept the entire time and being outside didn't even faze him.

Our little Katie is getting so grown up and I can't believe that she will be leaving first grade and moving on to second in less than a month. They had a giant blow up slide and she was much braver this year than last, as she was jumping half way down the slide instead of just sitting and scooting. Her and her friends had a blast and I am happy we decided to attend.

Now both Katie and Joey are in bed sleeping and dreaming about happy things. Check out this picture I snapped last night as he was sleeping and having some crazy dreams. His face was all smiles and he kept cooing in his sleep. I am not sure what an eight day old dreams about, but he was enjoying it.

The weekend is coming and it should be a fun one. Katie is getting her hair trimmed tomorrow (two inches she tells us), and then on Sunday she is going out with Aunt Rachel to dinner and to see the movie UP. She is very excited. Jerry and I plan on catching up on some sleep since he returns to work on Tuesday and that means I have to manage the house and Joey by myself. I think all will be fine.

2 comments:

  1. Vito is coming to see Up too!! Katie will be excited I am sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Katie! I hope you enjoy your summer vacation as much as Xander!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think!!