
They say that part of motherhood is you forget the bad parts of caring for an infant so that you are willing to do it again and have more kids. I don't remember Katie being this big of a little pain at night.
Joey decided last night that he would be a little terror and keep his Momma awake for most of the night and then be bright eyed and wanna play at 6:30am this morning. As a result, the dark circles under my eyes are getting bigger and my energy level is getting smaller.
We have two doctors appointments today. Joey is going in for his hearing evaluation, and I have my 2 week checkup. Hopefully everything will be uneventful and smooth. We will also be discussing getting his little peepers snipped. Poor little man, but it has to be done. Right now Joey is relaxing and sleeping in his swing (of course, since he knows I can't lay down, because we have to leave in 15 minutes).
This week has been full of fun and learning how to adapt since I have been flying solo for the majority of the day. Showering has now become a nighttime ritual since Bubba won't let me during the day. I have also mastered the 5 minute diaper, clothes, and blanket change. The little man took a bath again yesterday, and he didn't cry at all. He just sat in his tub cooing and slapping at the water. The end result, both of us were soaked (as was most of the kitchen counter), but he was clean and smelling good again.
We had visitors yesterday again. Grandma Toni and Uncle Paul came to visit (Uncle Paul is in town all the way from Kansas!!). Everyone is welcome to come and visit us, just call ahead to make sure we are not sleeping!
Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep - been there! I hope he smooths out in that area soon. And I can see that he's just getting cuter and cuter!!
ReplyDelete