Little Joey had his first doctor's appointment today. He is a healthy 1 week old. He screamed and cried and gave Dr. Phillips the hardest time when he tried to examine him. That's our Bubba.
It has been a wonderful week with my new son and I have found myself staring at him while he is sleeping. He makes the cutest little faces and every once in a while you can glimpse a smile. Jerry has been a great help and I am going to miss having him around next week, as he is returning to work on Tuesday.
Jerry has said that I am like an old pro with Joey and I have gotten very quick at changing diapers again, and with a little boy that is a good thing. The little fire hose has attempted to get me several times, but so far no soakings.
I don't remember the 4 am feedings being quite so tiresome with Katie however, and I hope he grows more tolerate and cooperative in the coming weeks, as it is kicking my butt!! At least I have learned that I can calm him down with a quick bottle to eat, a clean diaper change, and then cuddle time with the momma. He always wants to cuddle with us in our bed, but I am not letting him pick up that bad habit. He can snuggle for a bit, but then it is back to his bassinet (which is conveniently located right next to the bed.. lol).
We received our newborn hospital pictures today in the mail (one of which is the picture for this post). This is our little Joseph when he was less than 24 hours old. Isn't he just the cutest!! Be expecting birth notices with pics soon!!
Overall the Caggiano's are doing great, and loving this first week as a family of four.
Seriously, could he be any cuter?? I can see a little Katie in his face already. :)
ReplyDelete